Friday, August 15, 2014

I wanted to change. I wanted to boost my career.

“I knew I had to come, no matter what happened. I had already made my mind up,” he said. “I wanted to change. I wanted to boost my career. I’m 31 now and it was time to move. It’s not about the money. “Can you find one player in Europe who stayed six years on the same contract? That’s what I did and I never asked for anything.

 “If I was the first one to join Man City, then OK, but I don’t know what to think. Every time a player leaves they seem to get abuse.

 “To me, I made the right choice and I’m very happy to be here no matter what they think. I am not the first one to leave their club and I won’t be the last.” City travel to Newcastle United on Sunday in their Premier League opener, after Arsenal open their season at home to Crystal Palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment