Friday, August 15, 2014

Van Gaal also reiterated his calls for patience as he attempts to overhaul the club

Van Gaal also reiterated his calls for patience as he attempts to overhaul the club. The former Netherlands boss has overseen a change of formation, with a 3-5-2 system adopted throughout an unbeaten pre-season.

 Van Gaal’s tactics seem to have worked wonders up until this point but the 62-year-old warned there could be hiccups along the way. “I cannot change everything [straight away],”

he said. “I have to adapt to the culture. It’s a process and we have to make steps. “Sometimes you fall and you have to make another big step. That’s the process but you are not champion in October. You are champion in May. I have another philosophy. I have another way of dealing with players to normal coaches. “I’m not concerned where we might be [if we have a slow start] and I’ve said that in my meetings with [Ed] Woodward and the Glazers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment