Friday, August 15, 2014

Van Gaal: Still time for signings

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal said he is not concerned by the club’s lack of progress in the transfer market. United have failed to add to their arrivals of Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera, despite repeated links with Artuto Vidal, Mats Hummels, Daley Blind, Angel Di Maria and Marcos Rojo.

 While United have been slow in their attempts to reinforce their squad, Premier League rivals Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have splashed the cash. However, Van Gaal insisted there is still plenty of time to complete deals before the transfer window closes on September 1.

 “I wanted to assess my team. I can judge only when I am the coach and I transfer my philosophy and know how they perform,” the Dutchman told reporters on the eve of United’s Premier League opener at home to Swansea City on Saturday. “So that’s what I am doing. I think that is honest. We have to wait and see, because you can buy a player in 24 hours, believe me. That’s not a problem.”

No comments:

Post a Comment