Friday, August 15, 2014

Sagna stands firm despite Wenger criticism

Manchester City right-back Bacary Sagna hit back at former boss Arsene Wenger, who criticised the defender’s transfer details. Wenger said Sagna “agreed it a long time before” to make his move to Eastlands in the close-season – something the France international did not completely dispute – but the former Auxerre man was disappointed at his old manager’s comments.

 “I know exactly what happened – everyone knows,” Sagna said. “I am not a tricky person. I am very professional, so I don’t want to comment on it. “All I will say is that I was at Arsenal for a number of years. I have always been straight. I have always given the maximum.

 “Even when I came back from injury and was not fully fit, I always played. I don’t know why he [Wenger] said this.” Sagna said Arsenal’s FA Cup triumph in May – their first trophy in nine years – was not enough to sway him to remain at the Emirates, claiming his decision had already been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment